The most important goal of the Smart City vision is to enhance public lives. As increasingly more human beings are migrating towards Urban India, the towns want higher sanitation, transportation facilities, affordable housing, digitization & IT connectivity, sustainable surroundings, and correct governance to call a few. As per studies report, extra than 30% of Indian population dwells in round 500 smart cities of India. The wide variety is expected to grow in future scanning the short improvement and urbanization occurring in India. Looking at this development there may be a notable want to combine Information and Communication Technology efficaciously, effectively and competently into the cities to make certain a higher lifestyle for the destiny and present citizens.
Moreover, the concept of the smart city focuses on the holistic improvement of the cities in preference to just making them technologically superior. Problems like a proper smart machine, proper infrastructure, housing, planning and availability of different fundamental amenities could be addressed in this plan as well. In short, the maximum urgent desires and possibilities might be conceptualized.
- Financing: The vision of Smart city isn’t always well privileged, sadly, when it comes to funding. Financing is stated to be considered one of the biggest challenges when it comes to the smart city mission. The overall investment authorized below the smart cities plan of 90 cities has long past as much as Rs 1, 91,155 crores. Now, that’s big. With the presence of state-backed corporations also the challenge appears to haven’t any proper start. Banks financing these initiatives as of now are the important cause of a sizeable increase within the number of non-appearing belongings. The government is currently taking steps to finance those projects by using making changes within the price range and we are hoping the hassle is addressed soon.
- Lack of Center-State Co-ordination: Productive implementation of a mission can be carried out only if there is a coordination between various government our bodies. There is a need for proper regulation when it comes to making plans for the development of clever cities. Both horizontal and vertical coordination is the needful right now.
- Availability of Master Plan: Most cities in India do now not have their grasp plans and improvement plans in the region. This is a tragic situation if we think of growing them into smart cities. The presence of each the requirement is the key to the implementation and encapsulation of the smart town assignment as this is where the adjustments might be monitored and there’s no other manner to make it easy, higher and green. Unfortunately, maximum towns in India lack the presence of it.
- No time parent connected to the plan: The entire smart city plan is one large plan which ought to get all of the clearances if now not earlier than time then on time. Everything ought to be online and well-timed which unluckily isn’t occurring in this example. The maximum vital step to be taken in this context could be putting in place a single regulatory frame which video display units all the needful approvals for the undertaking. Doing this could address the principal problems one of coordination and one would be the timely execution. Also, the frame needs to be solely responsible to cater to the economic requirements.
- Availability of markets: We are very plenty aware of the unlucky reality that India as of now is not that ready when it comes to professional manpower and advanced technology requirements for developing 100 smart cities. That is a large range and calls for lots of professional efforts. If we speak about creating professional hard work and capability constructing, no longer great deal finance was allocated via the middle and the country in such projects. Such tasks involve schooling, research and a hefty database for execution. This is a big problem in our Country as it is an area which has not been focused upon as of now. These packages assist in many approaches like time sure finishing touch.
- Corruption: This point, possibly turned into supposed to be from the primary as this is the root cause for all above demanding situations. But if we speak about it solely that is additionally a major mission. Both at middle and state level corruption is chargeable for all the co-ordination mismatches and time lag happening. The financial constraint additionally by hook or by crook creeps in due to this trouble. Corruption in India is an assignment which has usually been a reason for non-execution or ineffective execution of most big initiatives within the Country
All the above points are exemplary of the reality that the project of smart cities, in spite of being a dream venture has many implementation challenges. The project has been driven with unique names normally, however, the final consequence is still anticipated.